Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Evil Beats

There are zillions of different songs as there are zillions of different people. Not one person likes all the songs, even if they like a great many.

Some songs just stink. You hear it and decide you must hurt something the next time you have to hear it.

Some songs are bad at first, and then they grow on you.

Some songs are fine at first, but then something happens over time, causing you to not like the song any more. This is usually caused by over-playing it. Radio stations are genuinely guilty of this for they tend to have access to no more than 5 songs at a time.

When I was in junior high, I hated P.E. Being the fat girl gave me every reason to loathe dressing up in a locker room full of young ladies who were developing in all the RIGHT places. Then there was the task of not getting killed by whatever means of torture the sinister P.E. teacher called "sports."

After we were suited up in our places, she would start up the boom box, and we would have to do our daily exercises to the beat of whatever piece of work she deemed fitting for humiliating us. She would play the same song for weeks at a time.

Most of the songs have been blessedly wiped from my memory; all except for two.

This is one that I hated from the start. It's just stupid. If anything, it did give us a good rhythm. I'll admit that I really don't care for most rap, but there are a few exceptions. This is not an exception.



The next one, I thought was okay at first. That was, of course, before it became a tool of torture. It was many years later before I could stand to listen to it again, though I still think of my crummy pink sweats when I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment