Friday, February 4, 2011

Once Upon A...

It's always cool when you find that the people you know have personal links to people who are famous.

I used to belong to a small Episcopal church choir. We were a wonderful group! I have never known a group of people to get on so well together. Sometimes we even stopped goofing off enough to sing a bit.

I became particularly close to a gentleman named Billy Ray. No, not Cyrus. Just Billy Ray. I kind of adopted him as my uncle. Outside of church he played in a band called The Billy Ray Band. They're totally awesome!

It turns out, Billy has had quite a history in the rock n' roll world. One of the many impressive things for me is that he was in a Seattle band called Outlawed in the early 70s. When their guitarist left, he was replaced by a then unknown Steve Lynch. Outlawed disbanded after only a few years.

Steve played in a few bands before finding fame in the band Autograph in the 80s.




Billy Ray hasn't yet found the same kind of fame that Steve Lynch has, but that doesn't make his music any less awesome. http://www.last.fm/music/The+Billy+Ray+Band

Also, if he had become famous, I might not have had the pleasure of knowing him. I'm very glad to know him. He's a heckuva guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment