Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Maximum Big Surprise



Things have taken an incredible turn for me.

Several posts back, I mentioned fellow Duranie, Durandy. Through Facebook, I sought him out and sent him a link to that post. Not only did he respond, but he did so very sweetly and extended an invitation for me to visit his archive!

What a fascinating display of rare pictures and other forms of memorabilia! I felt like a Catholic exploring the sacred Sistine Chapel. I very happily took in the delight of gazing over zillions of pictures of the members of Duran Duran. To the untrained eye, one would say that many of those pictures look the same, but I marveled at the subtle differences in each snapshot.




And Durandy? He seemed to be basking in the glow of my reactions just as much as I was basking in the radiance of his artifacts! He made me feel as important as the very subject of his archive.

Unfortunately, one afternoon gave me only enough time to admire, reflect, and converse over just a tiny fraction of Durandy's grand Duran Duran archive. The time to leave was much too soon. I hope that someday, over the course of many visits, I can have the pleasure of being able to have seen everything.

~~~~~~~SIGH~~~~~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment