Friday, February 18, 2011

Kiss of Opportunity

I have said in previous posts that I don't care for much hard rock, but as I have also said before, there are some notable exceptions.

Billy Idol is one of those exceptions. He was one who bridged the gap between punk and mainstream rock. People who wouldn't normally listen to a spike-haired punk found themselves begging the radio stations to play his tunes.

Starting in the mid 70s, Idol sang in a band called Generation X before leaving it for a solo carer in the early 80s. In my opinion, he couldn't have made a better choice. Although I like Generation X, there is little doubt that Idol had so much more to offer than what the rest of the band could support.

However, the band did well for getting Idol's foot in the door of opportunity. For that I am grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment