Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ah........SOOOOOOOOOOME!

One of my favorite films from the 80s is Flash Gordon. I LOVE it! All of it!

I saw it for the first time on HBO when I was in the third grade. My brothers tuned in to it and I thought, "Another dumb guy movie," but decided to watch anyway. I'm glad that I did.

My eyes feasted on the sci-fi adventure with the erotic costumes while my ears were equally aroused by the soundtrack made generously by Queen.

Okay, a couple of years later, I was able to see that the acting was bad, the special effects cheap, and the dialogue cheesy, but that was still all small potatoes compared to the overall awesomeness from beginning to end! It's still a definite high point in 80s films for me and worthy of the label of a "cult classic."

No comments:

Post a Comment