Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Planted 80s Music

Born from the 70s came the 80s. Many artists appeared fresh in their own right as 80s hit-makers, others simply continued their talents from what they started in the 70s.

Then there were some from the 70s who went on to do something different.

Robert Plant is best known for being the lead singer for 70s band Led Zeppelin. After the breakup of the band in 1980, he went on to play in other bands and experiment in solo work. He didn't quite have the flair then that he was famous for in LZ, but I think I like him better as a solo artist.

It could be that I just never went through the experience of being a fan while they were a band, and that often has an impact of how one relates to a band. Actually, I only took some interest in the late 80s when a guy I liked said LZ to be his favorite band.

I have to admit that Plant has talent and can be very pleasing to listen to. I can't say that I am glad that LZ broke up. Perhaps Plant could have continued to make the same music that I liked better with the use of that band. I am glad, however, that he did continue to make music and not simply fall into the cracks of oblivion, the way members of dissolved bands tend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment