Saturday, September 10, 2011

Remembered

Ten years ago, The United States of America woke up and started its day.

Then its world was changed.

That was the day that came to be known simply as 9/11.

We were attacked, many people died, and the way we viewed the world and people around us was changed forever.

There are many theories on who's to blame, whether it was an inside job or from another country, but I would rather keep political stuff out of my blog. What I would like to point out, however, is that whoever is behind that devastating morning should feel immeasurable shame, but one would wonder if they are capable of shame at all.

I find Duran Duran's song, "Do You Believe In Shame?" (from 1989), to be appropriate to tribute to this day. It was written in grief for deceased friends of the band members, but I think it can now speak for the grief and uncertainty that we were plunged into, and also for the strength in the memories that help us to move forward.

Also, the video for "Do You Believe In Shame" was filmed in New York, where many landmarks were cameoed in the background, including the Twin Towers, which can be seen at 3:12.



"I believe a little part of you inside of me will never die."

No comments:

Post a Comment