Monday, September 26, 2011

"Now" Gets Better

Wow, how do I even begin this post?

Duran Duran is not only still around but has launched their latest US tour.

And that's not even the coolest part.

They even started their tour in my area so I got to see the freshness of their energy on stage.

Wait, it gets cooler...

Let's back up. It is autumn of the year 2011 and my saving grace of a band from the 80s is still going strong and released a new album, All You Need Is Now, last spring. However, just as they were going to tour to promote the album, lead singer Simon LeBon woke up one morning with no voice.

In all their years of making music and touring the world, this problem never arose before, causing a very sad, but necessary postponement of the tour that was to start in the UK. LeBon went through months of therapy and even surgery. Gradually, his voice came back. The progress of his healing buzzed through the Internet. We all waited, hopeful for a full recovery.

And full it was! This was the third time I've seen the Wild Boys live (my fourth time seeing John Taylor since I saw him in the Power Station when they came to Seattle) and it seems that the passing of a few decades seem nothing to them.

What made this more cool is that they came a few days shy of my anniversary and birthday, so what can be cooler than that?

This:

Remember I wrote about Durandy a couple of times? He has become a good friend of mine so I was happy to spot him outside after the concert. Naturally, he was extremely jazzed up, but I had yet to find out just how much.

His lovely girlfriend was with him and sporting a huge rock on her finger. She was now Durandy's lovely fiancée!

It gets better:

With the help of local radio station, 101.5 (the same station on which I listened to him many years ago), Durandy had things set up ahead of time that they would meet the band before the concert and HELP him to PROPOSE!

Surrounded by the band-mates, a fully-healed LeBon handed Durandy the ring for him to propose with.



Best wishes to you all!

All You Need Is Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment