Monday, August 22, 2011

Out of Spotlight

Daryl Hall and John Oats. It's high-time I wrote something about them. They are the kind of music artists that made a big mark in the 80s, but today you don't know who they are unless you actually experienced the 80s, and that's a shame.

They started out in the 70s, making good use of the air waves, and they worked smoothly into the 80s. It's said that the ladies either went for one or the other of the duo and very rarely both. Me, I'm a Daryl gal.

Their music from the album, "Big Bam Boom," is what got my attention. I'm not usually drawn to dance music, but this album was just fun to listen through. My mom got me the cassette when I got my braces. Two of my permanent teeth had been removed for the procedure and the numbing medicine wore off quickly. Hall and Oates was good medicine to get me through.

By the time my braces were off, however, the duo had gone their separate ways to do solo projects that received little attention. Much of the world forgot their existence.

It doesn't matter though. They put their thumb prints on the 1980s and we know they did.



No comments:

Post a Comment