Sunday, April 1, 2012

Good-Good

One band that I enjoyed immensely was the Go-Gos. It just had this very upbeat feel that makes one think of pink toenail polish, overlarge plastic earrings, and bubblegum all wrapped up in a sexy spangled bow.

The Go-Gos was an all-female band with Belinda Carlisle as their lead singer. After a few years of success, Belinda left the band for a solo career. Although she has been quite successful as a solo singer, I don't know, I simply enjoyed her work better in the Go-Gos. It just felt more complete to me. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike her music, it just sounds very much the same as many of the other female singers of the time and it doesn't have that unique zest that the Go-Gos completed as a unit.

But to those who like her music, more power to you. I'll just be stuck in 1984 on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment