Thursday, July 21, 2011

Watching what?

I am the youngest of three siblings. Naturally, my brothers knew about things before I did. They were watching music videos before I knew what they were about. I didn't know you watched music. You listen to it. TV was for programs. Simple enough.

On weekend nights, they got to watch their big-boy programs, while I went and did my thing because their programs did not interest me.

Sometimes, I would try watching their stuff with them, but I was either too dumb or too smart to get it.

They sometimes watched shows that had nothing except for crazy people with guitars. Yes, I just didn't get it. You could listen to that stuff on the stereo; why waste good television time with music?

One of these times that I sat down to try and understand the appeal of what they were watching, I saw that there was kind of a story mixed in with it.

Then my dad walked in and asked, "What the hell is that?" This meant that there could very well be something to this watching music thing. I watched the whole video. Afterwards, I was left thinking, "What the hell was that?"


That was the beginning...




No comments:

Post a Comment