Thursday, June 16, 2011

Where's the Party?

Scarlet Party was a British group who got together to make some profound music. They were noticed largely because their lead singer, Graham Dye, sounded very similar to the late John Lennon. Sadly, they are not well known in America.

In the mid to late 80s, I used to shop at a used record store. There I bought an album from Europe featuring several famous European artists, including Scarlet Party. I was impressed with their song, "Eyes of Ice," and played it to a friend of mine, who asked me if the singer was Julian Lennon. I didn't know but I was pretty certain BOP magazine would have mentioned it if he had.

Because the internet was in its early stages at that time and finding obscure information instantly just didn't happen then, the most we could find out was that Julian Lennon was not involved with Scarlet Party. As for any other information, I had to wait for the invention of sources like YouTube and Wikipedia.



No comments:

Post a Comment